No. NAM – 04/144/2020
October 5, 2020
Subject: International Workshop on “Technopreneurship for Developing Countries : Challenges and Opportunities in Technology Transfer and Commercialization for Developing Countries", 24-25 November 2020
Greetings from the Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre)!!
In a society based on knowledge; science, technology and innovation are important factors that will spur national development and corporate competitiveness. As a result, governments of various countries around the world are becoming involved in technological innovation with a keen interest and active involvement in technology commercialisation.
They have also recognised the need to increase not just the commercialisation activity but also the commercialisation success rate in order to strengthen its national science and technology competitiveness. However, transitioning technology out of an academic laboratory requires different skill sets and knowledge than undertaking research does, and that these skills and expertise are much more common in a start-up environment than an academic one.
Considering the need for capacity building in this area, the Centre for Science & Technology of the Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) jointly with the International Science, Technology and Innovation Centre for South-South Cooperation under the auspices of UNESCO (ISTIC) and in collaboration with the Malaysian Technology Development Corporation (MTDC) announces the organisation of a 2-days Online International Workshop on “Technopreneurship for Developing Countries : Challenges and Opportunities in Technology Transfer and Commercialization for Developing Countries" during 24-25 November 2020. The workshop will be organized in Virtual Mode.
The workshop aims to provide opportunities to interested people active in technology management and also scientists, technologists, and researchers from developing countries to develop their skills and knowledge in “Technopreneurship”.
Potential entrepreneurs, business unit leaders, innovation officers, Scientists, Engineers, Inventors, Government officials and policy makers engaged in the promotion and implementation of technopreneurship development programmes as well as looking to develop a business plan, product or service in technology related fields are invited to participate in this Virtual Workshop. Copies of the Announcement and blank Application Form are attached.
The following may please be noted:
- Last date for submission of applications to attend the Workshop is November 7, 2020 (Saturday). Only a limited number of seats are available. Therefore, interested people may send their application urgently to avoid disappointment.
- There is no registration fee for the participants from the Member Countries and S&T-Industry Network Member Agencies of the NAM S&T Centre provided the application is endorsed by the Focal Point of the NAM S&T Centre in their respective country / organization.
- Scientists, researchers and other professionals from the Member Countries and S&T-Industry Members of the NAM S&T Centre desirous of participating in the Virtual Workshop should submit their filled-in application form electronically to the NAM S&T Centre (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible. The following documents must be submitted as e-mail attachments:
- Filled in Application Form (Blank form enclosed)
- A short CV (Maximum two pages; in MS-Word format) [Format Enclosed]
- Opinion (a short para; in MS-Word format) how you qualify to participate in the Program.
- Selection of applicants will be made based on their academic and professional background, and relevance of their current engagements in the field.
- Other details are available in the attached Announcement.
- Information on the Member Countries and S&T-Industry Network Members of the NAM S&T Centre and names/addresses of the Focal Points in these countries/organisations may be seen on the Centre’s website www.namstct.org.
- English will be the official language of the Workshop.
All correspondence may please be made by email. All documents may be prepared in MS-Word Format or electronically scanned and sent as attachments to the email.
THIS IS A GENERAL CIRCULAR, and not an individual invitation. You are requested to kindly forward this announcement to your concerned interested contacts for its wider dissemination. We solicit your kind cooperation in getting the best suited applicants for this valuable Virtual Training Workshop.
Amitava Bandopadhyay, Ph. D.
Centre for Science & Technology of Non-Aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre),
Core 6A, 2nd Floor,
India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,
NEW DELHI - 110 003 (INDIA)
Ph. :( +91) (11) 24645134/24644974 (O)
Fax: (+91) (11) 24644973
|Application Form Technopreneurship ISTIC, Malaysia, Nov 24-25, 2020|
|Worskshop Announcement on Technopreneurship ISTIC, Malaysia, Nov 24-25, 2020|
|NAM Centre CV Format|